As I guess the cat is well and truly out of the bag now I can say that:
Jarred and I are going to Vegas :D.
Congratulations should go to everyone who entered. Everyone who was bold enough to put their stuff out there and show Australia what they’ve got deserves a serious pat on the back. Well done all.
It’s weird but I don’t think it’s really sunk in yet that we’re going to MIX09 in Vegas. We had a phone call from the judges yesterday and so we shuffled into the back room at work to hear what they had to say. Apparently our response was pretty loud because when we came out there were people standing and applauding. I was kind of stunned so I think the only thing I said included bad language. Whoops!
I’d love to get my hands on all of the other prize winning entries and have a play. These include
- A Micro Machines clone where you get to race around a Windows Desktop written in Silverlight
- A land-based Missile Command clone written in GDI+
- An email client which incorporates the ENIGMA cipher AND
- An ASCII-art image viewer
A few others that I wouldn’t mind seeing in action are:
- Pimp My Guide – I don’t get to watch much television anymore but this still looks cool.
- All Things Food – Like the TV I tend to stay out of the kitchen. That’s because I think I’ve poisoned my family the few times I’ve cooked :). This still sounds like a great idea though.
- Overt – Tetris + Bejewelled? No idea what to expect from this but it looks like freakishly frantic fun.
In the coming months we’d really like to field test Turbulence so let us know if you are interested in participating in a game. All you need is a Windows Mobile 5 device with GPS capability and a data connection. Oh and you also need to be in Perth unless we get enough interest in other cities.
Going to Vegas! Woo!
No new comments are allowed on this post.